A former working mom trying to figure out what being a SAHM is all about.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Guac for Superbowl Sunday

So, we are not big football fans in our house but we do watch the Superbowl every year. My husband has requested, "a variety of dips and chicken wings" for our menu. 

I figured many of you will plan similar menus whether for just your family or for a Superbowl party so I thought I would share this super easy guacamole recipe. It is so easy it's embarrassing. I must say that I didn't eat guacamole before I tried this recipe. Now we eat it all the time and it's super good for your kids!

All you need is two avocados and one jar of Herdez salsa. Yep, that's it!

Scoop out the avocados, mash them up to your desired consistency and pour in the whole jar of salsa and stir to mix. Your done!

I've tried other salsas and they just don't taste as good but I suppose you could try others if they don't carry Herdez in your local market.

Remember to make this right before you plan to serve it because it will turn brown quickly.

I could live off of this stuff! I use the mild salsa so it's not too spicy for my kids (they are 4 and 1) and they gobble it up!

5 comments:

Sydney said...

This recipe looks just delicious! I love feeding my family guac because of the really good fat in it. Your tutus are simply adorable! Good for you having your own etsy shop!

Sydney

Belly Charms said...

Now that looks good. I am following you back. Thank you.

Hug a tree with me said...

looks yum:) new follower http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Multi-FacetMom said...

Following from the Saturday Stalk Remix!

http://multi-facetmom.blogspot.com/

malia said...

newest follower here! would love for you to consider following me back.
malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com