A former working mom trying to figure out what being a SAHM is all about.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest is my new love

A few weeks before Halloween a friend asked if I could make a Halloween costume she saw on the site.  So, I went on to look at the photo and ended up browsing the site and before I knew it, I was requesting a membership.  The rest is history!

If you aren’t familiar with Pinterest, it’s a great place to capture things you like instead of placing everything in your favorites. See an awesome picture on a blog? Instead of saving the entire blog in your favorites, “pin” the photo onto your virtual pin board under fashion. Find a great recipe? Pin it on your recipe board until your ready to make it. Plus, you get to see all the awesome stuff other people pin!

I try not to make it a complete waste of time.  I have made two Christmas wreaths and a personalized canvas for my daughter’s room from tutorials I found on there.  I have also tried several new hairstyles (including one with a sock, see the link below) and even made an AWESOME potato soup recipe someone pinned. I am not a crafty person AT ALL! So I am very proud of my creations, though they are a far cry from Martha Stewart.  The fact that I even tried them, should tell you how easy they are.

Here are a few examples of my Pinterest adventures and links to my favorites. Feel free to follow me. I’m under Sweet Baby Tutus (of course). It would also be pretty awesome if one of my tutus or two were pinned! I don’t like to self promote on those sites, it’s not good mojo.

Happy pinning!!
 
  
                              
                           

My version, waiting on the ribbon to hang.

Pinned Image
Pinterest idea


 








                                           
What I made. This is so easy it's scary. I still have to make the bow,
but cute.
Pinned Image
The tutorial from Pinterst


 

Pinned Image
What I found on Pinterset. I made a green version
for my living room wall.





























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes ... pinterst has so mnay great ideas - I could get lost for an afternoon there! stopping in to follow you from the hop - hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon - oh, and read my shameless plug for my $0.99 book that is on sale :) www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com